Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here Comes the Tooth Fairy!



This past Wednesday Evan lost her first tooth. It has been loose for a few weeks, but I didn't think it was quite ready when she left for school that morning. At 11:30 I got a call from school, only I was working and had my phone on silent. It turned out to be Evan calling me to tell me all about it. I felt so bad I didn't hear it. There is a teacher at school who is well-known for having the right touch for pulling teeth, and everyone goes to her to do the honors. Evan apparently decided long ago that Ms. Quinlan would be the one to pull her tooth. She said it hurt a little but not too bad. She got a necklace to put it in so she would make it home with it. When Mike picked her up from school, she was so excited she wanted to call her grandparents. She was also convinced that $100 was a reasonable amount for the Tooth Fairy to leave her. In the end, she was pleased with the $5 she left her. She was very careful to put her tooth in the perfect spot when she went to bed. Mike covered her up in the middle of the night and stirred her just enough for her to wake up thinking she had caught the Tooth Fairy. She reached under her pillow to make sure her money was there. What she doesn't know is that the Tooth Fairy temporarily lost her tooth. It fell on the floor while she was making the exchange. Luckily, I found it the next day. I can't believe she's a snaggletooth!
This morning she was pulling her sleeve down with her teeth and ended up pulling her other tooth quite a bit. I keep trying to talk her into letting Mike pull it, but I think she is waiting for Ms. Quinlan to pull it on Monday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: