Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend in Jefferson











I was born in Jefferson, TX, which is about an hour from where I currently live. Jefferson is a very small town, and we moved when I was around 3, I think, so I don't have any memories of growing up there. However, my family has gone back there periodically ever since. There is not a lot to do there, but it is a good place to enjoy some great Civil War history, ghost stories, and just relax. It is full of antique shops, and there are a few restaurants that serve really good food. Hamburger Heaven has the best chocolate pie! Anyway, Evan & I met my brother Keri and his family (Jamie, Madison and Chandler) there this past Friday. We stayed at the Jefferson Hotel which is known to be haunted. I was slightly disappointed, but quite relieved we had no hauntings. Saturday MiMi, PaPa and Big Girl came and hung out with us. We usually just eat, walk around, shop a little, eat some more, sit around and chat, and then go home, but it is fun!

2 comments:

The Sparks said...

That picture of Evan is precious! You should totally frame that!!

Julie said...

Glad to see you got the blog kinks worked out. Sorry I stole your background. I had a hard time choosing between that one and the one you have. I redid my background and my mom's background today.