Sunday, June 27, 2010

Safe and Sound in Beijing


I bet you thought we had disappeared!!! We have been having server issues, so we can't send emails - which is how I'd planned on posting to our blog. I hope to get that fixed today (Monday). I did find a way to post, but I cannot upload pics. But, here is what we've doing....

After our experience in Dallas, we had a smooth trip the rest of the way. We met up with another family from our agency during our layover in San Francisco with a little 20 month old girl named Macey. She and Evan hit it off! Evan and I did a little shopping – what more do you need than Godiva, Ghirardelli and fresh sourdough?? That helped to keep us occupied.
The flight from San Francisco was 11 hours and 22 minutes. I had to psyche myself into believing I could do it because the last time I got motion sickness the last half of the flights. We enjoyed watching ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘How to Train Your Dragon’, had lunch and a snack, and snoozed off and on. About 6 hours into the flight, I gave Evan a Dramamine to help her spend the rest of her time comfortably. That was the biggest mistake I think I have EVER made as a mother! It did not take effect immediately, but for the next 5 hours, Mike and I would have to watch her thrashing around and waking periodically to scream and cry. Mike stood or squatted almost all that time.
We woke her up about 45 minutes before we were to land and she was just fine. She talked about how she was excited to be going home and wondering if the people in China would remember her. I assured her that if they didn’t remember her, once they met her this time they would never forget her!
We finally made it to the hotel around 6pm. Evan and I left Mike in the room to go to bed while we went downstairs to eat. We had fried rice, Spaghetti Bolognese and a $5 can of 7 Up. We were in bed by 8:30 pm for some much needed sleep!

1 comment:

Sparks said...

Evans perspective is so sweet and you gave a great answer to a difficult question.