Saturday, February 14, 2009

Afternoon of Pampering







For Christmas Mike gave me an afternoon at the spa. I have not had a chance to use it, so we decided to give the same thing to Evan for Valentine's Day and go together. While I got a massage, facial and makeover, Evan had a mani/pedi, hair wash and style, and makeup application. What a fantastic afternoon! I cannot believe it has taken me um, uh, thirty-something years to do this. Mom, we're going to have to do this together sometime! John Paule did Evan's hair and makeup and was an absolute hoot! He actually got Evan's hair to curl, and after she got over the pain from his having to pull her hair, she loved it. We are now searching for the perfect product to help us curl her hair.
John Paule did a great job on Evan's makeup but mine was scary. It was so thick, and I had quite a bit of black underneath my eyes. He supposedly does makeup for a lot of the Hollywood movies being shot around here, but I looked several shades darker than usual and oily. After we met Mike for dinner, Evan & I headed to the grocery store completely forgetting about what I looked like. We ran in to a few people I know who must be wondering which corner I was working.

1 comment:

The Sparks said...

Her hair is darling! Catch me at church tomorrow and I'll fill you on some of the products I use on Paige. So where's the picture of your makeup? LOL