Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

Evan & I had some errands to run today after Mike left for work. She'd been playing in her Super Evie costume and decided she wanted to wear it around town. Trying to only say no when there is a good reason, I decided to let her. What could it hurt? Our first item on the list was to get a pedicure for me and a manicure for her. After Lily finished her nails, she asked Evan if she had money to pay her (Lily always does her nails complimentary). Evan said she didn't but Mommy did. There was a guy working with Lily today who started joking with her. He told her that either she needed to pay or she would have to come paint this other lady's toenails. Evan again said no. He then said he would call the cops. This is when Evan said, quite matter-of-factly, "My dad is a policeman." I don't think she meant it to sound like 'Just try it. I have connections', but it sure sounded like it. It was very funny!
Everywhere we went we got comments like 'How cute'. She had to take her Build-A-Bear with its matching Superman costume, so it was kind of hard NOT to notice her. In Target a girl about 10 years old came up to her and asked why she was dressed like she was. Evan simply said "Because I wanted to." You can't argue with that!
What fun motherhood is!

No comments: