Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kindergarten, here we come!

Mike and I just registered Evan for Kindergarten this morning. I can't believe how fast the past 4 years have flown! She cannot wait to start school and will be so excited when I show her the headband and belt I bought her to match her uniforms. (We'll wait on buying the uniforms, though) Can anyone answer this question for me: why do we have to pay $10 each to join PTO? Aren't they asking for OUR help? If they are not going to pay us to volunteer, why should we have to pay THEM to let us volunteer? We walked out and mike said he could tell already he is not going to like the school always holding their hand out for money.

2 comments:

The Sparks said...

I hear ya about the money thing. We have to buy 6 BOXES of crayons!! What kid goes through that many crayons???

What school will she be at, Stockwell won't register kindergartners until August. Weird huh?

PS
I need your email address. =)

The McConnell's said...

Cindy,

Evan will be going to Legacy. I thought all Bossier schools were registering today? My email is nemesisdpu@bellsouth.net.