Sunday, December 6, 2009

Man's Best Friend




We had a very sad weekend. We had to put Meko to sleep on Friday. She was our baby for 7 years before Evan came along. She's been the best dog in the world to us. Immediately upon coming inside the house, she would let us clean each paw before moving onto the carpet. She was a little unsure of Evan when we first came back from China, but she quickly accepted her. Just recently she's been spending time in Evan's room while Evan goes to sleep.
About 4 months ago we found out that Meko had cancer and confirmation the she had pretty severe arthritis. In my mind I thought we'd have until the Spring with her. I even thought that this past Monday. Thursday night/early Friday morning Mike and I discovered that the cancer had progressed faster than we'd imagined and realized Meko was extremely miserable. We checked Evan out of school early and spent a little time together. Mike and I were concerned at how Evan would take it. Of course, she started sobbing uncontrollably when we told her what was about to happen. I held her as we both sobbed while petting Meko. Evan misses her but has not been upset since Friday. Mike and I have had a harder time. We love and miss you, Meko!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sparks said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how hard it is to loose a furbaby, hugs to all of you!