Friday, November 28, 2008

A Day of Firsts







After breakfast we rode the Mad Tea Cups. I do not like to spin - it makes me very sick especially after I've eaten. My sweet husband and sweet daughter thought it would be very funny to spin the tea cups as fast as they could. I didn't think I would be able to get off that ride quickly enough! This was the first time Evan had really ever ridden any rides, so we weren't sure what she would like. She pretty much likes everything! The Merican Round (Merry-Go-Round) is still her favorite, though. She drove a car for the first time. Luckily it was on a track and all I had to do was push on the gas; however, she was all over the place because she couldn't get the hang of steering. She kept saying the car was broken! She loves rollercoasters, too.
The theme for Disney is 'Year of a Million Dreams", so they do a lot of small things in between the cool, grand prizes. While we were in a Christmas Shop, a deaf employee came up to us and motioned for Evan to put an ornament on the tree and then write her name on a link to attach to a chain. He then gave her a certificate letting us know that she had just participated in one of the 'dreams'. It was kind of cool.

No comments: