Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Celebration







We came back to the room after shopping and put Sydney down for a nap. She started babbling a little to her bear and playing - something she never does. So we decided to scratch the nap and have playtime instead. We had a fun afternoon. We headed out to Danny's Place with several other families to celebrate the 4th. The taxi ride was an adventure - kind of a rollercoaster. We had chicken parmigiana, garlic bread, pizza, and pasta (again, for the girls). Evan and Sydney shared a strawberry shake, but I'm not sure how much Evan actually got. When Sydney starts on a shake, you'd better hurry to get yours! She is getting to be so much fun! I'm sure one day soon when she is wild I will need to remind myself how grateful I am that she is actually interacting and not so sad. We still see glimpses of sadness, but they are fewer every day.
We are so grateful for the opportunity to bring this little joy into our family!

1 comment:

Mary Malone said...

Wahahahaha!!!! I cannot even remember how many times I've seen Evan fall asleep at the table:-) Too funny!!! Great memories!!!!

I love the look that Sydney is giving her:-)