Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shopping on Shamian Island











We left the hotel bright and early this morning to join the rest of our group (who've just flown in from other provinces) to have Sydney's TB test read. It was negative!! That means we will be coming home as scheduled!! We took some pics of the girls at the White Swan and did a little more shopping. I think our guide feels like we all really want Chinese food day in /day out because it was another Chinese restaurant for lunch - actually Thai but still Asian. It all tasted the same by now. Mike is so sick of it he is no longer eating - only the awesome breakfast buffet. It has been nice getting together with the other families. It does make me feel a little better that in about half of the families, the child is not bonding well with one of the parents. One little girl does not want her dad but loves me! Go figure! I hope to be able to send some pics soon as I am currently waiting on the hotel computer tech to come and repair the VPN connection.

2 comments:

Mary Malone said...

LOVE the picture of Mike and Sydney:-) So many memories come flooding back looking at the pictures of the White Swan!!! So glad to hear that the TB test came back positive. Maybe you can convince your guide to take you to LUCYS!!!!

Mary Malone said...

Ooops!!! I meant NEGATIVE on the TB test. That's what I get for sleeping late!!!! LOL