Thursday, December 23, 2010

Girl Scout Winter Camporee

Evan and Jayda
Pretending to drink hot chocolate on the pier


The weekend before Thanksgiving Evan and I went to the Jimmie Davis State Park for a two night Girl Scout Camp. We met up with our troop about 45 minutes away, and then drove in together. I was following my GPS for directions, and we ended up at the end of a dirt road with dogs barking and running after us. Feeling like we were about to have a "Wrong Turn" experience, I turned around in the middle of a chicken farm. We got back on track a made it to the camp around 9pm.
The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast burrito. Funny how food always tastes much better when you are camping. Of course, it has been a long time since I've been camping. The first part of the day was filled with crafts. The girls got to make a cute apron, chocolate spoons, cool ornaments and reindeer food.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: