Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bagpipe Concert




Mike and Alfred,his bagpipe teacher, are preparing for competition (Mike's first) the end of February, so Alfred held a concert at Karpeles Musuem. Alfred Mike and Seth (Alfred's brother) played for about 2 hours. They did a great job! Mike has been playing at funerals (kind of creepy to think about, I know) for a few months which has really boosted his confidence, so I think he's ready to compete. Alfred hosts these concerts every few months always makes Haggus or some sort of traditional Scottish fare to go along with it. Apparently I'd starved Evan
to the point that she couldn't get enough of the Haggus! It's actually pretty good - it's just hard to get past the horrible sounding name. She kept wanting to wear Mike's Glengarry (hat, beret, etc???) along with her Chinese outfit because it would look so cute! What can I say, she still has a lot of 'tomboy' in her.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Okay, not sure about the haggus, but maybe it was better than some my grandmother made me try as a kid. :-)