Friday, June 12, 2009

Why is Krazy Glue so Krazazy??

I'll tell you why! Unsuspecting victims like myself fall prey to the hole at the end of the cap! Evan's mermaid Barbie had a little accident and lost the fin off of her tail a week or so ago. I finally made it home from the store with several single use tubes of Krazy Glue, so I set out to fix her. The pieces of Barbie were so small that I had a terrible time of holding them AND getting glue on them and not me. Finally, I got enough on it to hold for a while. I'm putting the cap back on the glue thinking about what poor schmuck would actually glue her fingers together and how awful that would be ..... when.... you guessed it ..... I'd just become that poor schmuck! My thumb was firmly glued to the second digit of my forefinger. My first reaction was to panic and call my dear friend Julie from across the street to tell me what to do! Then I decided to read the directions. Just in case this ever happens to you, fingernail polish remover with acetone is the best liquid to soak in!
Did you think this was funny? Well there is more to the story. Mike worked most of the middle of the week, so neither Evan nor I remembered to tell him. When we did, he decided to put some more glue on Barbie. He left the lid off (as men usually do), so I came behind to clean up. It was not until I had ALMOST done the same thing again that Mike told me there was a hole in the top of the cap. The moral of my story is : don't EVER use Krazy Glue! Just buy a new Barbie.

1 comment:

The Sparks said...

Oh my goodness your poor fingers...but I have to admit this is pretty funny!