Monday, April 5, 2010

We Have Updates!






We received some unexpected new pictures today. Look how sweet she is! She is now 33 inches tall and weighs 24 lbs. I can't believe how fast this is all happening. While Evan was in gymnastics tonight, I ran to buy a few things for Sydney. I bought her a bathing suit and a sweet little dress. I thought Evan would love them. I guess that was the problem. It is finally sinking in that not everything I buy from here on out is for her. Eventhough she liked the outfit I bought her, it was nowhere nearly as cute as what I bought for Sydney. She's also afraid that she will not get anything from Santa because it will be Sydney's turn. This could be a harder transition than we thought. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sparks said...

She is a doll!

We had similar problems (and still do) with Paige being the only child for so long. Just really play up the Big Sister angle, get Evan a cute Big Sis t-shirt (they have these at Carters) and talk about how she will have so much fun being a big sister and taking care of her little sister. We also let Paige pick out a gift to giver to Kate the first time she met her. It's tough but it does get better!

Another idea is to let Evan introduce her sister to the world by including her on the announcement you send out. Something like "Evan is pleased to present her little sister........"

You're a wonderful Mom and Evan is an awesome kid, I know you'll do great!

Julie said...

Awe! She is adorable! Can't wait to get her here. So excited for you. Poor Evan, it's rough being the oldest...ask Bailee. LOL. My girls still get jealous of each other constantly. I agree with Cindy, make a really big deal about her being the big sister. She's going to equate love with all the attention Sydney is getting, so just make sure you give her special attention as well, which I'm sure you have already planned on. It may be rough, but all work out sooner than you think. :-)

Linda and David said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! She's just a little younger than Micalee!